Friday, December 12, 2014

An Explanation of My Blog Title

Before you begin reading about various concepts relating to Self & Identity in Social Context, I wanted to take a minute to explain my blog title.

"Farahway Thoughts"

Farahway is a nickname I've had since middle school when my friend mushed together my first name, pronounced far-rah and a mispronunciation of the first part of my last name way. It stuck with me and I later placed meaning onto it. The nickname relates to my identity in two ways. It sounds exactly like "faraway" which is exactly what I am most of the time. I am faraway from home, from friends, from family. Another way it relates is that I do things my own way, the Farah-way, and I have always been known to have my own sense of direction. So thank you for reading my small anecdote and enjoy the blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment